- Master of Fine Arts, Cranbrook Academy of Art, 1975,Richard Devore, instructor
- Bachelor of Arts, Knox College, Galesburg Illinois, 1973, Henry Joe, instructor
- Art Institute of Chicago, summers 1970-1973
- Ceramics instructor, Studio Supervisor, Flint Institute of Art, 2004-present.
- Ceramics instructor, Flint Community Schools, Dewaters
Art Center, Flint, Michigan 1975-2004
- Artist in Residence for Mayville Community Schools, Oct. 1997-Jan 1998, Instruction, Gas kiln design and construction, Funded by the Saginaw Community Foundation.
- Ceramics instructor, Mott Community College, Flint, Michigan, winter semester, 1995.
- High School Art Instructor, Valley School, Flint, Michigan, 1987-1988
- Artist in Residence in Ceramics, Kearsley School District; Burton, Michigan 1988-1989, Funded by grant from Michigan Council for the Arts
- Art Instructor, Mott Adult High School. GED Program, Genesee County Jail, Flint, Michigan, 1977-1981.
- Ceramics instructor, Young Peoples Art Center, Cranbrook Museum, September 1974 through June 1975
- Instructor for Knox Mini-term in ceramics, December, 1972
- Visiting Artist in Residence for the Ruth Mott Foundation. Studio space at Applewood, the C.S. Mott estate.2004-present: (See Public Art section)
- Firemaster, Flint Institute of Art, August, 2002–present; including all gas firing, kiln maintenance, and inventory.
- Studio Technician for Flint Community Schools; including all firing, kiln maintenance, inventory and clay mixing 1975- 2004
- Studio Technician for the Flint Institute of Art; including all firing, kiln maintenance, inventory and clay mixing, 1988-1993
Permanent Collections With Guy’s Work
- Detroit Institute of Art
- University of Iowa Gallery
- Cranbrook Academy of Art Museum
- Flint Institute of Art
- Knox College
- Numerous Private Collections
- Buckham Gallery, 2017.
- Shiawasee Members Show 2017.
- Flint Water Crisis Show, Buckham Gallery, 2016.
- Humanities Art Center, Kettering University, Flint Michigan, February 2015.
- Three Person Show, Buckham Gallery, Flint Michigan, April 2006.
- Clay Works! Blue Heron Gallery, Elk Rapids, Michigan, August 2004.
- “In Their Own Way”, Buckham Gallery, Flint Michigan, December 2003.
- One person retrospective, 1998 Humanities Visiting Artist
Program, Kettering University, Flint, Michigan, February 1998.
- Two person Show, Left Bank Gallery, Flint, Michigan, May 1997.
- One Man Show, Greater Flint Arts Council, Flint, Michigan, November 1996.
- Ten Michigan Potters, Buckham Gallery, Flint Michigan, April 1996.
- Three person show, Buckham Gallery, Flint Michigan, March,1995.
- Michigan Directions, Flint Area Artists, Invitational, Flint
Institute of Art, Flint Michigan November 1994-January1995.
- Three person show, Buckham Gallery, Flint Michigan, February, 1993.
- Ceramics Invitational, Buckham Gallery, Flint Michigan, March, 1992.
- One Man Show, Yaw Gallery, Birmingham Michigan, November, 1975, 1977.
- Michigan Crafts Exhibition 1976, Detroit Institute of Art, January 1976, Peter Voulkos juror, First Place Award.
- “Source Detroit” Invitational Exhibition, Cranbrook Museum February 1976.
- Cranbrook Alumni Clay Exhibition, Cranbrook Museum, March 1976.
- Flint Regional Crafts Exhibition, Flint Institute of Art, Flint
Michigan, Gerhardt Knodel juror, First Place Award.
- First Flint Invitational, Flint Institute of Art, Flint Michigan, January 1977.
- One Man Show, Kingswood Lower Gallery, Cranbrook Schools, April 1977.
- “Contemporary Vessels”, Clay and Glass Invitational,
Exhibit “A” Gallery, Chicago Illinois, October 1977.
- Clay and Glass Invitational, Delta College Gallery, Bay City Michigan,1978